OVERJAM INTERNATIONAL REGGAE FESTIVAL IN TOLMIN (Slovenia) IS REPRESENTING BAND CONTEST AND ANNOUNCING GENTLEMAN, JUGGLERZ, MELLOW MOOD AND O.B.F.
Here we go with Overjam International Reggae Festival Band Contest!
Lower ticket presale price – 69€ until 20.3.!
Overjam festival is gaining more and more local and European-wide attention in musical and festival field and is, besides hosting biggest reggae names in the world, aiming to introduce also small and unknown reggae artists, who do not have the opportunity to perform and earn the much needed attention and respect.
• Accepted Nations: Italy – Slovenia – Croatia – Austria
• Sending of the material directly on festival’s website, altogether: 1 song + link of a live performance, high-quality pictures, a 300-word biography, names of the people performing.
• Deadline for sending the material: 1st of April 2015
• Voting period on the festival’s facebook page: from the 3rd of April until the 15th of April.
• The winner will be the one with the most likes and will be performing the day of the Gentleman’s concert, scheduled on the 12th of August (results output on the 18th of April). The winner is awarded with the amount of 300€ for the transportation or other logistics regarding festival performance.
• From the second to the fifth first others in the classifcation with the most likes, a further voting will be held by a high-level international jury, who will decide which band will be performing on Thursday, 13th of August (results output on the 23rd of April).
Hand in hand with the band contest, besides already announced main stage star Gentleman, Overjam is confirming Mellow Mood on main stage, Jugglerz in dancehall arena and O.B.F. on dub stage.
Mellow Mood, Italian reggae band, was born in Pordenone in 2005 but officially debuted in 2009 with their first record, entitled “Move!”. Produced by Paolo Baldini, the album was intended to be their first Move on the international reggae scene: totally self-released, it was an unexpected success and the two singles “Only You” and “Dance Inna Babylon” got a total of more than ten million views on YouTube. Ranging from roots-reggae to rocksteady, to tribal clubbing, “Well Well Well” album, published in 2012, is intense and elegant, and showcases the progression of Mellow Mood, as they proved to be among the protagonists of a new generation of reggae artists coming from all over the planet. Mellow Mood voice will be heard on main stage on 12th of August!
Jugglerz, dancehall entertainment at its best: German duo, DJ Meska and Shotta Paul, deliver an inspiring stage performance. From Festivals to the hottest clubs – a Jugglerz Party goes beyond all limits. Jamaica, Trinidad, Japan, Bermuda, Miami: Jugglerz have been there partying. DJ Meska’s mixtapes are playing all over the world and as a music journalist Shotta Paul even published a book about Reggae music.
They have their own label, their own weekly radioshow, their collaboration with international number one-artists – they have it all! Jugglerz will rock the dancehall arena on the night of 12th of August!
O.B.F., French dub warriors, Rico and G. started collecting music in the late 90’s from revival roots to uk dub style. They then realised they need powerfull sound system to play their selections in Geneva and French underground venues. In the early 2000’s they decided to build their own sound system, inspired by the UK and Jamaican soundsystems. Influenced by different music, they developped their own unique style. They love roots reggae and world music but they also like the new digital stuff comin from everywhere. O.B.F. creates music with all kind of drum machine and synth, mixing roots rock reggae with new digital sounds. Their style brought a fresh breeze in the dub world. Now a regular on the European reggae scene, O.B.F will make people dance on bass music on Overjam dub stage 13th of August!
More world class reggae stars to be announced soon!